30/06/2015

hold me to this

becoming softer after every compromise
brittled and self-destructive, we were charring
into sharper malicious states of being
compressing ourselves into mosaics of bloody reds
that we could only subdue with the lights off

within your abstract i was a rustier version of myself
somehow louder and solid and more often
over time my skin became imprinted with circled maps
your future was bluer but it was never mine to live
i was suffocating in the residue of your purity 
      
i have wreckages of failed loves littered at my feet
take whatever you can carry in handfuls of two
before i become anchored to all the people i’ve emptied
my skies are glossed with complications but i made room for you
even after you became absorbed into my peripheral vision.

(reading hold me to this)